Kilometer Zero in Sicily
( Chilometro ZERO in Sicilia )
Kilometer Zero in Sicily, close to Cefalu, Santo Stefano di Camastra, Tusa, Mistretta.
• It’s a bunch of experiences and also an all-inclusive, including lodging in a Sicilian renovated farmhouse
• A hands-on cooking class with a talented local chef (because you cannot go back home without learning how to cook Sicilian Style!)
• Make with us local dishes and the authentic sicilian Limoncello, according to a secret and familiar recipe
• Explore various adorable, post-card perfect villages in Sicily
• Visit an organic cheese farm and learn about cheese-making (with eating of course)
• Experience an olive farm and learn all about the culture behind olive oil
• It’s Sicily! Wine and food are is a must, so you’ll visit a local wine producer and be hosted for Lunch or a wine tasting if you request it
• Become acquainted with local wonderful sweets in Sicily
• Enjoy a light hike through vineyards and olive gardens
• Taste the culture of the region through a Sicilian authentic meal, prepared with local simple ingredients, from farm to table
• Visit an olive oil press with pairing suggestions and a tasting
• Take a bread and pizza-making class in your house. Nothing better than freshly baked bread with our incredible extravergine olive oil (EVO)! Yes, because we produce our EVO!
• Take it slow and enjoy local specialities such us the typical black pork from Nebrodi mountains, the local prosciutto and the local caciotta from Nebrodi sheeps and cows.
And if you like to bike, you are in the best place, it is plenty of streets thorugh the woods, dedicated to the mountain bikers.
• have a visit of San Fratello where a particular race of sicilian horses live
• Get lost in the beautiful towns of Cefalu’, or Castelbuono, Tusa, Capo d’ Orlando, Santo Stefano di Camastra or Mistretta (all small charming town nearby the beautiful Nebrodi Park mountains and in front of the fantastic Eolian islands.)
• Go for trekking or slow walking to the Beautiful unique Nebrodi Park ( about 87.000 hectares of woods and protected animal and plants species)
• Go for a walking through the 9 waterfalls close to Mistretta
• Colourful flowers in full bloom, lots of delicious cooking, fresh cheese, and extravergine olive oil, artichokes, wine, refreshing walks in nature, local art and culture. We offer all of this and much more! What are you waiting for? It’s time to discover an authentic ancient Sicily experience, and you are all invited!
Who we are
We are a sicilian family who loves Sicily, passionate about good food and wines and ''slow living'', we own a very charming farmhouse close to Cefalu’, 10 minutes far Santo Stefano di Camastra, centre of handcrafts and hand made artistic ceramics. We believe in slow, sustainable travel and love creating meaningful and immersive travel experiences aimed at discovering the authentic cultural and culinary heritage of our Sicily region.
We support and value the amazing craft and talent of passionate local farmers and artists, who deeply respect and love their land with its ancient flavours and deep-rooted traditions, and who are willing to share it with new visitors and friends.
We propose several experiences that can last from one day to the whole week and have different themes according to guests interests and needs: from organic wine tastings to cheese making lessons, from “slow food” cooking courses to local handicraft, from sustainable agriculture to the local olive oil tastings, not missing visits to local villages and art centers, hikes in the nature and lots of time around the table, sharing stories and experiences. Our mission is to let peolple get just authentic experiences about our beautiful land in all its expressions and gufts.
What we stand for
Our main philosophy is about “slow travel”, the only one that makes every place you visit a place you want to stay longer and get to know at a deeper level. In this concept is is deeply important the "KM Zero Tours" and KM Zero food or Osteria or whatever that is authentic and local.
"‘Km Zero‘ (litterally ‘no distance’) means the conscious choice to buy quality products and to consume them as close as possible to the area of their production, ensuring this way freshness, seasonality and biodiversity.
Our name refers to a "zero kilometers" relationship between the producer and you, the visitor. We would like to redefine what it means to see Sicily by introducing visitors to the local community and the producers who make it all come alive. And when you buy something local and experience local, the reward is a more enriching kind of travel that benefits everyone.
There are no theatrical shows tricking tourists into the fairy tale of Sicily love affairs, only sustainable, uncompromised and genuine stories about life in Sicily through the eyes of people keeping up with the ancient traditions that made this region so unique. An experience that comes from the heart. When you travel like this, it is the people who make the difference
Sicily is calling, make 2019 the year you will visit it! We want to be part of your beautiful sicilian memories!
A small-group escorted travel experience is waiting for you, exploring Sicily and its beautiful treasures. This is not just a trip, it’s an experience – A look into the Sicilian way of life through the flavors, history, vistas, and people of this region.
A collection of unique and one-of-a-kind excursions and experiences designed to fully immerse yourself in the real culture and traditions of Sicily.
Colourful flowers in full bloom, lots of delicious cooking, fresh cheese, and extravergine olive oil, artichokes, wine, refreshing walks in nature, local art and culture. We offer all of this is all this and much more! What are you waiting for? It’s time to discover an authentic ancient Sicily experience, and you are all invited!
Where we are:
6 kilometer to Santo Stefano di Camastra
10 kilometer to Mistretta
20 kilometer to Tusa
21 kilometer to Caronia
32 kilometer to Pollina
35 kilometer to Sant' Agata di Militello
38 kilometer to Cefalu'
41 kilometer to Castelbuono
52 kilometer to Isnello
57 kilometer to Capo d'Orlando
104 kilometer to Palermo
136 kilometer to Messina
Contact details for more information and reservations: